Sierra Digital Inc - SAP Testing Solutions
At Sierra Digital Inc the objectives of SAP Testing are to verify that the installed system, which includes the SAP software, custom code and manual procedures, perform per business requirements.
- Executes as specified and without error.
- Validates with the users and management that the delivered system performs in accordance with the stated system requirements.
- Ensures that the system works with other existing systems, including but not limited to interfaces, conversions, and reports.
Sierra Digital Inc’s SAP Testing Phases
Typically, there are five SAP Test Phases. They are as follows:
- Unit Testing addresses the informal testing of individual FRICE Objects such as forms, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and conversions.
- Integration Testing is the satisfactory execution of processes. This phase of testing ensures that the SAP software functions correctly, system configuration tables are set up correctly, programs run correctly, and system outputs are reliable.
- Regression Testing verifies that functionality previously released into the Production SAP environment will not be negatively affected by new, modified, or upgraded functionality.
- Performance Testing validates that the software, hardware, and network infrastructures are in place and operating at efficient levels. This testing is required to adequately stress the SAP and related Non-SAP systems in a network environment, inclusive of remote sites/nodes. Performance testing will also include testing of those business processes that would cause stress due to high transaction or batch volumes.
- User Acceptance Testing is used to:
- Confirm the test cases needed to run using the acceptance test environment.
- Ensure the acceptance tests are suitable for management, users of the system and computer operations.
- Execute the User Acceptance Test.
SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization (TAO) Application for Business Process Testing
The SAP Test Acceleration Optimization (TAO) Application is used to:
- Automatically create test components.
- Upload test components to HP Quality Center.
- Create Test Cases.
- Execute automated tests against a SAP system.
- Provide a workflow process for handling sped-up testing.
- Facilitate and manage SAP and HP System Connections across a variety of SAP and HP test environments.
- Automate the control over Transaction Screen Inspections for specified SAP transactions and SAPGUI Dynpros.
- Facilitate the migration of testing components through the Quality Center.
- Automate end-to-end business process testing solutions based on the definition of Business Blue Prints contained in SAP Solution Manager.
SAP Testing Accelerators
These accelerators provide faster SAP testing development through by using a component and object based approach for automated test scripts. Automated Test Scripts are constructed from reusable components based upon expert definitions of SAP business processes. This provides easier test composition for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and reduced Test Script development and maintenance hours during SAP implementation and upgrade projects.
SAP Test Data Migration Server
This is a high-speed tool that extracts data from your live production environment. It then populates your development, quality assurance, test, and training systems with the SAP business data. By using SAP TDMS you can:
- Reduce extensive data volume for the non-production landscape.
- Use real business data to simulate the production environment.
- Reduce post processing work by standardization of administrative data.
- Selectively refresh individual clients in targeted multi-client testing environments.
- Create slimmed-down master shells.
- Scramble sensitive data according to security needs for use in non-production environments.
Sierra Tesing offerings